Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Be not far from me...come quickly, O my God, to help me

"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

I'm currently watching, actually listening, to live coverage of the inauguration. This is the first one that I've actually wanted to see. The past two made me sick. This one gives me cautious hope.

I've always been a sentimentalist, and it's a painful path to tend to. There are many thorns and many holes to stumble in, but the destination is (hopefully) blessed. Today's post is just a list of some of the things I hope for.
  1. That Obama gives an awesome speech.
  2. That everyone in D.C. is safe and has a wonderful time.
  3. That we take this opportunity to see ourselves as potential agents of change.
  4. That our leaders inspire us to do (1).
  5. That we make a substantial change in our awareness of and involvement in the conflicts that ravage our world from Zimbabwe, to Israel/Palestine, to Detroit.
  6. That we look at the ways we are in bondage to our past and to our fears through our addiction to oil and money, through our fear of others, through our lack of regard to our own inherent worth and the inherent worth of all life and that we free ourselves from them.
  7. That I am able to continue to have hope in the face of my neurotransmitters, the economy, and the tragedies that surround me.
  8. That Obama makes significant moves in foreign and national policies during his first 100 days and that these moves are in keeping with what is most merciful and best for all.
  9. That I don't sell out. That Obama and his administration don't sell out.
  10. That the snow (literal and metaphoric) melt and don't drown us in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter